Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Latest Scoop

Okay, since I know you are all on the edge of your seats just waiting for my news, here's the scoop:  


I got a letter Northeastern yesterday, and I'm on their wait list.  I think wait lists are my destiny.  No instant gratification here!  I don't know where I'm ranked, I just have to tell them I want to be on the list for now, which I do.  I guess.  But really, I do.

I called the U of U today after not hearing and not being able to wait.  The details are:
Three people (out of 36) declined their seat in the program. (The real question here is: Are they on crack?!)  So they move to the wait list (Doris was a great help to me here).
#1 - accepted a seat
#2  - accepted a seat
#3 - hasn't responded yet
#4 - accepted and put deposit down somewhere else (doesn't mean they wouldn't still accept)
#5 - probably would accept
#6  - never RSVP'd to remain on the list, but will still be offered a seat (lame, I know)
#7 - me!

So, I could be a little as two seats away, if #3 doesn't accept.  Doris also told me that two years ago three people backed out even after paying their deposits.  So, there's still hope!  And it's better than one in a million!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Melissa E Photography said...

AAH! Can't wait to hear the news!

Anonymous said...

hang in there! When you are suppose to get in you will. You can do it Rachel. I will be thinking about you and hoping too.

Steve and Michelle said...

Hi! You don't know me...at least I don't think so. I ran into your blog in a round about way..from Heidi Harding's to Garrett Harding's to Tenielle Call's (who I knew from dancing, playing tennis and growing up in Pocatello). Anyways, I'm currently in PA school (actually almost done!) and I remember all to well the frustration of the waiting game and just wanted to wish you luck!!! Getting in is the hardest part!

Michelle Hadley Johnson

Jessica said...

thanks for the update - will keep the prayers going for you! love~