Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day to me!

Michael and I decided that because we went to Boston together last week and ate a couple great restaurants and did sightseeing and all that, that would count as our Valentine's Day celebration.  Then on Wednesday night, when I finally got home through the storm, Michael told me to eat and jump in the car, we were going to get my present.  I was surprised!  Then he told me I was getting new ski boots!!  I've had the same ones for about 10 years and they are a little bit for me, something that has really started to bother me lately.   So a few hours later I came home with these:

And even more amazing, was I also came home with these!:
HOW COOL IS THAT!  You can't really see the colors from this picture, but the skis are red and an orange color, not light pink like it looks.  Everything in the store was 40-70% off.  I got a great deal, which makes them even sweeter!  I have the best husband!  I love you Babe!  I can't wait to go skiing this weekend!  YEAH!
And, our adventures coming home were something else.  The freeway was closed because a semi-truck jack-knifed on I-15 northbound.  We got off in Lehi and tried to take a side road.  Hello.  That was interesting.  The wind was blowing so hard we couldn't see.  Then there was a car stuck in the feet of snow in the snowbank, and Michael, my macho, kind-hearted man, stopped to get him out.  After 25 minutes we were on our way.  He was that guy's hero that night!  He's my hero, too!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

He's my hero, too. Excellent presents!

Reynolds said...

Mike, Mike He's our man, if he can't do it no one can. I think that is kindof how that went once upon a time (with a couple changes.)

Unknown said...

Nice skis!!! How fun!!!