Monday, February 11, 2008

Boston, Part II

I had a great time in Bahstin as they say it. On the day of my interviews there were several books out about Boston for us to read in our down time. One was the Boston Dictionary. It was hilarious! The author was "Bahstin Dryvehs" or "Boston drivers" in regular English.
So, my second day was my interview day. I had three individual interviews. The first was with a physician that precepts students in the second year (year of rotations). He was an interesting guy. Kind of akward, so the interview was akward, but good. My second interview was sith a woman who graduated from the program several years ago. She was really nice and we got along great. Hit it off. The interview was more of a relaxed conversation. That went really well also. The third was with the program director, and again it was a very relaxed, very good interview. To make it simple: MY INTERVIEWS WERE FANTASTIC! I felt really good about my responses. There were no trick questions, nothing crazy, just talking. I was able to point out that I'm now one of the chief MA's in my clinic, that I order all the medication for my clinic, and that I have EIGHT years of experience. I pointed those things out in all three interviews, I think. They said most interviews would be done by 12:00 (starting at 8:00), but I finished at 9:45, so Michael and I had extra time to sight-see! When I was done interviewing, Michael and I both felt positive about the way things had gone, so we'll see!

First, we decided to walk the Freedom Trail. We started at Boston Commons and walked about 1/2 way through it (about a mile), saw 11 of the 16 sites, then walked back to the car and drove around to the end. Then we decided to drive out to Cape Cod for dinner. It took about an hour to get there, and when we got to the restaurant we were referred to, they were out of lobster! But they made a lobster casserole for Michael and I had crused sole with pinenuts and shrimp covered in an orange butter sauce. It was delectable! And the place was so quaint. We sat by the fireplace, and it was mostly lit by candles. It was very romantic. =) Happy Valentine's Day to us!

The next day, Ken and his girlfriend Sanjeeta came with us into the city. We saw the two sites from the tour we missed and had lunch at a great little (and I mean small - there were like 10 tables in there and that was too many) Italian restaurant in the North end of Boston. It was really fun. Ken and Sanjeeta are the nicest people. We stayed with them all but the first night we were there. He let us have his car to drive around (which had GPS, thank heavens!) and were just really fun to be with. Thanks guys!

Then we came home to our wonderful boys, and my wonderful parents who watched them while we were gone!

Now, we play the waiting game again. I will hear from the U of U on Tuesday if anyone declined the seat and how many in the waiting list have gotten in. Then I should hear from Northeastern U. by the end of the month, which is only two more weeks!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you had a nice time in Boston. You totally deserve it. Love you tons!!

Anonymous said...

Boston sounds like it was a blast! Sounds like your interviews and whatnot went well also. Hope you hear from them soon.