Sunday, September 27, 2009

Livin' the dream man

I've been wanting to write a book for a long time. For those of you who know me this may not come as much of a surprise. I often live "off-the-cuff," and have several business venture ideas. It's only too bad that we don't have the means to try them all out. I'm pretty sure a couple of them would be real winners. Right now I have the time, well sort of, and figure it might be a good time to try and accomplish this goal.


Any way...I'm writing a book about business upwards management, or managing up. There are plenty of books that discuss management philosophies and the like, I've always thought it would be fun to write a book geared toward the entry level or intern worker. If any of you have any funny stories about bosses, or yourself/ "someone you know", and would like to consider having published please send them to me at michaelgonzales99@yahoo.com. Not everything submitted will be published, and if they are, I will change names to protect anyone involved. I'm looking for stories where;
  1. You as the "underclass (wo)man" was right and the boss was wrong, or where your efforts proved triumphant.
  2. You failed and learned a big lesson going forward.
  3. The dawning of, "duh! that's how it works."
  4. DOH! I shouldn't have sent that
  5. I can do this no matter what
  6. you were able to make the most of something bad
Please provide background to the story. This book is more of a comedy than a serious business practices book, though I'm sure some will take it as such. Because behind most funny stories are good morales.

I look forward to reading your stories.

No comments: