Sunday, September 20, 2009

There she goes again

So Sadie is on the move and she's not slowing down! Since September 3 I (Michael) have been unemployed. I lost my job due to a reduction in labor and now I'm playing Mr. Mom while searching for something—What I don't know but I'll know when I find it. Back the real topic...Since 9/3 I'm constantly chasing after Sadie and then consoling her when she falls, which she does fairly often. That's just the way growing up goes. We fall, then we get back up again. I wonder if I'll ever be done growing up.


We were sitting down for dinner one day and Sadie decided that her sitting in the chair wasn't going to cut it. She wanted whatever was on the table and nothing was going to stop her! Ever since then she continues to astound me; getting braver each day. A few days later she startled me as I was sitting at the computer searching for a job by starting to climb the stairs. WAIT!! Little people that are not even 8-months old yet are not supposed to be climbing stairs and standing up on their own.

So, here's some fun Sadie pictures.

















Following her figuring out how to successfully climb up the stairs she has decided her favorite place to play is...YES—on the stairs. She chases the toys up the stairs then sits on a stair, usually the third one. After a minute she likes to scoot over to the railing, grabs hold and pulls herself up. She pretty well stands there until I come get her, or falls down. She's fallen twice, nothing serious. Since standing at the base of my chair screaming doesn't get my attention much anymore, she has resorted to climbing the five stairs the main level then crawls around the dinning table to in front of me. Grabs hold of the bars and smiles at me through the bars. This is really quite funny and convenient for me. This way I can watch her, she can watch me AND I can continue my online search through network contacts and postings.

Ahh...my adventurous baby girl.


2 comments:

Adam and Debbie said...

Sorry to hear you lost your job. Sadie is a cutie and I love your batman/ninja wall. You're such nice parents!

Reynolds said...

The job market is crap right now. I am sorry... Glad you have something worthwhile to do right now with those cuties. Go you!!