Monday, January 7, 2008

I am the woman!

Not often do I put up a title like that, but I'm feeling pretty good today. We went skiing on Jan 1st (I know it was a week ago), we had a blast! I went with Michael, my dad, and my brother. We rocked that mountain! We did 19 runs and 20,000 vertical feet. Here's me on my skiis tearing it up:


And to add to the bragging, at 3:46 we got on the lift and the attendant told us it was the last time up, and to head toward the parking lot because this lift would be closed. We told him we'd be back before it closes at 4:00. He told us we wouldn't, we said we would, and he said, "Whatever, it's not me who has to hike out at the end." It takes 6 minutes to get up the lift. At 3:52, we were back down at the bottom. He looked at us, looked at the clock, and with genuine amazement he says, "Wow, you even made it with 4 minutes to spare!" Then the girl next to him talked to him, looked at the clock, and also expressed her amazement. Thank you. We made it down a very long run in 3 minutes. Yes, we rock! Here are two of the satisfied skiers at the end of the day:




And driving home, there was an amazing sunset. Pictures never do them justice, but here's my best shot:


And to add EVEN MORE to my bragfest...I have an interview for the PA program here at the U of U!!!! This was a huge surprise. I was on the wait list, but then they didn't have any open spots. They asked if I wanted to stay on the "short notice wait list". I said sure, why not, but didn't expect much. On Friday I got a call saying they would love to have me come interview this week, Thursday and Friday! Yeah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grats on the interview. You hoping to stay here in UT? I probably won't make it up on the slopes this season. :( Enjoy them for me.

Marielle said...

OH! I want to go skiing! Boo ya! Way to show those ski people. Was this at Solitude?

The sunset picture is actually really pretty! Thanks for sharing.