Saturday, January 12, 2008

my BIGGEST interview: part II

Well, I realize my last post was a little long, and by a little I mean if you made it through the whole thing you should get a prize. This will be much shorter.
Day two was busier, but much better. I had two individual interviews and two group interviews. They all went very well. I felt good about today. The group interviews were interesting. In both groups, we had two interviewers, and they gave the 4 of us a paper with 3 questions on it. The first was define "_______" and tell us what it means to you. The second was an ethical dilemma. Interesting questions here. In my first interview it was that there was a 16 year old girl who was in a car accident, has lost a lot of blood and needs a transfusion and go to surgery right away. Her parents are Jehovah's Witness and say they don't believe in blood transfusions. She tells you that she doesn't share their beliefs and wants the blood/surgery. Your doctor decides to do the surgery, but several others are not participating. What do you do? Yeah, it was an interesting discussion. The two interviewers just sat and listened to our self-guided discussion. They were 'flies on the wall'. But in the end they told us we did very well, so I felt good about that. I was told in a personal interview that I answered the ethical dilemma question well, too.

In short, today was much better than yesterday! And because I had 4 interviews today and only 2 yesterday, I'm hoping overall was better than not. They will offer a handful of positions (about 10) next week. Then they have a second round of interviews in 2 weeks, then a week later we should know one way or the other whether we got in or not. I'm holding my breath. With that in mind, I hope I get a call on Monday, because I'm not that great at holding my breath for very long. =)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Rachel. I'm glad the second day went better!

Brooke said...

You are wonder woman!! Good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

Sounds grueling...hope you get a call back soon. Anticipation can get nerve wracking.

Anonymous said...

Are you still holding your breathe??? I hope not!!

Rach said...

Yea! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Rachel, we will be pulling for you. Your life sounds exciting. Let us know.

Jessica said...

Go Rachel! Go Rachel!

Whether you get in or not - I am SO PROUD of you!!