Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Years Resolutions and all that

I guess it's about time. They say the first step to making goals is to tell people so you have support. Keep in mind something. I don't think I've ever stuck to a goal, so I'm taking baby steps, folks. Baby steps. So here goes:

1. Read material for Sunday lessons before hand. (I've never so good with reading every night, so I figure having content to read instead of time, might work. And be more meaningful. And I'm excited about studying Joseph Smith's teachings and want to get the most out of it.)
2. Make a budget and stick with it.
3. Read a religious based book every 3rd book. (I don't read a lot, but figure I read enough that I can read better material. Takin' in up a notch.)
4. Exercise once a week. (Baby steps.)

So far, how have I done? I'm, uh, "testing the waters" on those goals.
But today was a good day. All around, a good day. I exercised AND read scriptures (go me!) and I've gotten three loads of laundry done. In addition to that, I took and picked up Zander from preschool, and rescued a friend who was out of gas. Then my boys helped me (wink, wink) make a great dinner. It's not often I get to say that. I made red snapper fish. It was delicious. I googled recipes and found a great one. Garlic and butter and lime on the fish then grilled on the barbecue. We also had tossed salad, baked potatoes, and that cottage cheese/cool whip/jello/fruit salad. Not sure what it's called, but it was really good. I was pretty proud of myself. We even ate on the china. Oh, and we had lime water to bring out the taste of the lime in the fish. Yes, sometimes I'm a genius (who just had to google the word to spell it. Sad.). Zander was so proud of our beautiful dinner when we were done!

Well, I didn't hear anything yesterday or today from the U of U, so I'm not in the top 10 candidates, but I'm not giving up hope. I just hope I don't have an ulcer by the first week of February when I find out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for rescuing us today!! I meant to ask about the U but forgot. My fingers are crossed.

Jessica said...

Excellent goals. I should set some. You are such a good example for me!

Dearma said...

Your dinner sounds delicious! Next time you can share it with your parents ~ (now there's an idea). I would have liked to have seen Zander all excited about what he made. Go, Utah!