Friday, November 2, 2007

I was lost, but now am found...

I really am still alive, just missing in action lately. We are basically moved all moved in, except for our office, which is the bane of my existance for the time being. I have things in my office that I am in need of and CAN'T FIND! It's quite frustrating. That's the biggest reason I haven't posted lately, I just don't spend much time in that room.

Also, we started on our countertops. By started I mean we don't have countertops or a sink right now. There are pros and cons to this. What are the pros, you ask? Well, I don't have to open the top drawer or cupboard door for anything inside, I just reach in. Another good thing is I've stayed right on top of doing my dishes. How? After every meal, I take the dishes up to the tub, wash rinse and set up the drainboard right there. Staying up on dishes? Good. Washing dishes in the tub? Sucks. The downside to no countertops or sink are much more numerous than the positive side. I'm sure I don't need to elaborate on this.

So, on another note, as we were working in the kitchen last night, Nov. 1st (keep that in mind) we turned on the radio to KOSY 106.5. I heard a Christmas song come on! I was shocked! Then another, then another! It never stopped. And this morning on my way to work I turned it on, just to check, and yep, more Christmas music! What ever happened to the day after Thanksgiving being the start of the Christmas season?! Who knew it started the day after Halloween? I thought that was pretty interesting.

Well, as soon as I get pictures loaded to the computer, I'll put some up. I'll do that soon because I have Halloween pictures I want to share. Yeah! 'Till then...

4 comments:

Rach said...

Wow, you wash dishes in the tub. What a pain in the neck! But, I'm sure your countertops are going to look great!
I hate that stores and everyone else kind of skip over Thanksgiving now. It drives me crazy!
We miss you!

Jessica said...

Dishes in the tub. Seriously. You should be eating out and using disposable plates - incentive for you and your husband to get those countertops finished!

You're too funny. Get those pictures posted - I wanna see!

love you.

Melissa E Photography said...

I loved your list of pros of not having countertops. "just reach right in.." HAHAHA!! Doing dishes in your bathtub would get old fast! When are you guys getting them in? Ditto on the pic request!

Anonymous said...

haha! KOSY 106.5 always starts playing christmas music this early in the year! It drives me crazy! I even turned to it on Sunday when I was driving to your house so I could listen to church music and NO!! It's christmas music! Lame. Haha, no offense Jess! Well, as Jess said, get your pictures posted so I can see them too! Much love!