Thursday, October 28, 2010

My new job

Today marks one week at my new job. For those that don't know, I accepted a job in Fort Worth, Texas, at Rockwood Medical Clinic. I work with Dr. Guevara in his private family practice clinic. I've been working with him as I'm learning the ropes of the clinic and trying to feel comfortable practicing on my own. That may take some time.

When I showed up my first day, I encountered a number of surprises.

#1: MY NAME IS ON THE DOOR!! That's right. Look at that! I feel so important.

#2: This bouquet was waiting for me thanks to Dr. and Mrs. Guevara and the staff at my new office. Yes, it's as big as it looks. You know what they say...everything is bigger in Texas. =)
Here'a another shot the next day after it had started to bloom. It is an amazingly beautiful bouquet. And huge!!

This is the day after the Texas Rangers won the championship game. Everybody is so proud their team is going to the World Series for the first time ever! I came into work and Dr. Guevara was wearing his Rangers t-shirt and I said I was going to have to buy me one. He said he thought I might feel like that so he brought me his extra jersey just in case I wanted to wear it. Here's us in our Rangers shirts. And yes, he's only and inch or two taller than I am, and his wife is even shorter. =)


I love this new clinic. The MA's and office staff have all been so nice and welcoming. Dr. Guevara is so patient with my sometimes not so functioning brain. I love it here!!

7 comments:

Nanon said...

I'm so glad that you like it there! Are you getting all settled in? It's sure not the same without you guys here!

Jessica said...

so glad that you are so happy in your new job. that makes it so much easier to settle into a new place. hope your family is doing as well. xoxo!

marinda said...

Looks awesome, Rach! I'm glad that you are loving it. I can't wait to see you and your place and Texas in just under 2 months! Woohoo! Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Please send me your new information please!!!! I'm excited for you. Keep up your blog. Love, Karen

Just call me Granny! said...

Welcome to Texas, my home state. I grew up in Arlington. I hope you love it as much as I do. Congratulations on the new job.

Reynolds said...

Glad you are loving it!! Serves you right.

Jody said...

Wow sounds like everything is working out great!! I love the Jersey...so fun.