Sunday, November 7, 2010

To be a Mom

Last night Sadie woke us up at 4:00 am crying and covered in throw up. Michael and I tag teamed and got her and her bed cleaned up. Thankfully, he did the bed while I bathed the little one. (Throw up is one thing I don't deal so well with. Blood? No problem. Vomit? It makes me want to.) After getting her all cleaned up and in clean pajamas, I tucked her into our bed (with bucket nearby) and climbed in next to her. As I laid down, she rolled over towards me and put her little arm around my neck and patted my back, as she often does. I laid there being held by my little baby and was filled with warm fuzzy feelings about being a mom. There are few things that bring such joy as being loved by a child. My heart swelled and I fell asleep content, and nervous at the same time that she might throw up again.

One hour later we repeated the whole process. Minus the warm fuzzies. I was too tired at that point. And instead of falling asleep "nervous" that she would throw up again, I was sure she would and woke up with every stir and cough. Needless to say, I didn't sleep so well. But I would do it again because i love my children with all my big, swollen, happy heart. Even if I do have to pick vomit out of their hair.

3 comments:

marinda said...

I love this post! Minus the fact that Sadie threw up and was sick...it indeed is worth it with those stinkin' cute children you call your kids! I can't wait to see you guys again in December! Love you!

Kamaile said...

Hope she's feeling better by now. So cute that she fell asleep giving you hugs.

Becker Family said...

That was sweet! And I can totally relate! :) Hope you are all doing well in Texas!