Thursday, March 25, 2010

Oh, kids

We're getting ready one morning and Sadie was unhappy and crying. We were all in the boys room and Zander says, "I wish I was an old person so I could turn my ears down!"


At dinner, Keagan asked if he could be done and get down.
Michael: "Is your food gone?"
Keagan: "Ummm.."
Michael: "As soon as your food is gone you can get down."
Keagan: "Do you hear that sound? That's the sound of me being done."

We had just seen an end of the world movie and took that time to teach about the fact that we can live together forever as a family if we make good choices here on earth.
Rachel: "Dad and I were married in the temple so we get to be together forever. If you get married in the temple and make good choices, you can live forever in heaven with your families, too."
Keagan: "I know who I can marry! Caleb!" (his cousin)

Zander, being the smarty pants that he is, had almost nothing but praise at parent teacher conference a few weeks ago. He didn't score so well in handwriting, however. So I've been trying to help him practice he handwriting, which he refuses to do. I was showing him how to make b's, d's and the number 9 without picking up your pencil.
Rachel: "If you make a circle then keep going and make the line, that makes it look better. You'll need to know how to do that later when you learn cursive."
Zander: "Well, thank you, but I'm just going to save that for the future." (That is an exact quote because I wrote it down right after he said it.) I almost laughed out loud.

And last but not least, this morning I'm feeding Sadie breakfast while she's standing in her high chair, which she often does. She lifts her foot up on the tray and I notice a small piece of cereal between her toes, so I take it out and set it to the side of her tray. She took another bite of cereal, the picked up the piece I just moved, very carefully put it back between her toes and put her foot down! What the crap?!

They never cease to amaze me. Life is such an adventure with little ones around. =)



1 comment:

Suzy Q said...

I really would like to know what parents of 1 child laugh at each day. 3+ kids is the only way to go if you want a good laugh every now and again.