Thursday, March 11, 2010

It was a crazy day...

in the ER yesterday, literally. We had 7 psych patients come through and about 4 others with other complaints that turned out to just be crazy. At one point in the morning we had one woman singing very sweetly, but loudly, "I am a child of God" while restrained to the bed. The woman in the room next to her yelled "Ow!" about every 2-3 seconds. When the young guy in the room next was asked if he knew why he was there, he said it was because he was the best rapper in the world! Such talent in one ER! I turned to one of the residents and laughed and said it was going to be a long morning. It's amazing how many crazy people there are out there, and how a good majority of them seem to find their way to the ER for one reason or another on every given day.

To be honest, it makes me feel a little crazy by the time I leave. To be there for 9-10 hours and only enough of a lunch break to chew and swallow food is a little much at times. Not to say I'm not enjoying my experience and learning a lot, but let's just say I don't think I'll end up in an ER when I graduate. =)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

have fun with the crazies. try not to join them. =)