Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Z-Man

A picture of Zander taken by Zander

Zander has been so funny lately.  He turned 5 in December and is getting smarter (and taller) everyday.  He says things that make me wish I could just tape record everything he says so that someday I could play it back for him.  There are a few I wrote down because he just keeps us thoroughly entertained.  Here are a few snippets into my life with Zander:
Side note:  The following conversation was actually a few conversation wrapped into one for your reading enjoyment.
We were talking about living places and I told him we lived in an apartment before he was born.
Z: Before I was born?  So I was in your tummy?
R: No, it was before you were in my tummy, too.  You were still in heaven.  Babies are in heaven first, then they come to mommy's tummies before they are born.
Z: So, is heaven in your tummy?  Because that's what it sounds like you are telling me.
R: (No response)
Z: How did the baby get in your tummy?
R: Uhhh....
Z: I know! (Whew!) Jesus put it there because he's magic, right?  Jesus does whatever we ask him too, and because he's magic you can put your body in the graveyard and go ask Jesus to put a baby in your tummy, and he will, then you can fly back down and put your body on like a costume and come back home.  How does the baby come out of your tummy?
R: (This is about the only time I'm truly grateful that I have c-sections!)  Well, they cut a small hole in my tummy and take the baby out through the hole, then they sew it back together.
Keep in mind, these are all direct quotes.  I wrote them down right after they happened, and you can see why!


We were talking about winking.  (I lead the music in church during sacrament meeting, and often wink at my kids when up there.)
R:  You wink at someone when you think they're cute.  Or sometimes just because you like or love that person.
Z: (Winks at me)
R: Oh, Zander, do you think I'm cute?
Z: What?! No!  I just love you.
R: (laughing) You don't think I'm cute?
Z: Well, maybe on Sundays when you're all dressed up and stuff.

We told him Easter was coming soon and he said, "Easter is my favorite because the sun is up and the snow is almost gone and the flowers start to grow that you can pick for your mom..." (then he winks at me).

"Is Christmas coming soon, because I feel the Christmas spirit a lot right now."

We sure love our Zander man, and all the cute things he says, too!


5 comments:

Brooke said...

How cute is he??? I love writing down the funny things my kids say--so entertaining! PS: CONGRATS on getting into the PA program! That is huge. Way to go!

Jessica said...

rachie ~ what a funny boy you have. i can't wait to be there with you all. give him a big hug from me. p.s. every email i've sent you this week has come back with a failure notice - from both of my accounts. what's up?

Rach said...

That is too cute! I especially like that he thinks your cute when your all dressed up for Sunday! Ha ha ha!

Jacob started asking the other day how the baby got into my tummy - uh . . . I had no response. Then he quickly jumped to how does the baby get out of my tummy. Kids are great!

Ashton said...

Wow - what a kid! he's so creative, and cute. I love how cute your blog is - how on earth did you get it to look like that? I tried to "personalize" and just ended up giving up and doing template. Admiring and laughing in the middle of class :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what would we do without Zander?! He is adorable and I could add even more awesome quotes to that list. He is so awesome, which only makes sense considering his parents. :) Thanks for sharing that.