Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm #36!! I'm #36!!

Which at this point is so much better than being #1 (on the wait list that is)!


I GOT IN!!!!


I was accepted today into the U of U PA Program (or UPAP)!  Somebody dropped yesterday, so I'm #36 in the PA class of 2010.  YEAH ME!!!

Classes start May 12th (summer semester), then I'll have class summer, fall, spring and summer, then I'll have 1 year of rotations.  I'll do 5 different rotations, of 4 weeks each, in primary care (this is actually 22 weeks and can include other specialties), pre-natal care/GYN, pediatrics, emergency medicine, an surgery.  Then there is potentially one elective at the end.

I can't believe I actually made it in!  All the work and prayers and worrying and prayers...HAVE FINALLY PAID OFF!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Rachel!!!!!!!

Rach said...

Woo-hoo! Congrats, that is great news!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm proud of you. I told you that if you waited long enough that things would come through. So this is great! Wait to go. Don't for get we want to hear from you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Rachie!! Yay!! I'm so excited for you, and proud of you, and thankful that you are finally able to step onto this path you've been aiming for. You rock!

Marielle said...

Yahoo! we are so excited for you! Congratulations! You deserve it.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous. You'll be wonderful as a PA.

Colin Lewis said...

Congrats to you! I guess being a PA is better than being Peed on. :)

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Rachel
We are so happy for you! Hopefully that means we get to keep you here for while longer!

Eaton Five said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you!

jaclyn anderson said...

Congratulations Rachel! I am so excited that it worked out for you! (Sorry...I hope you don't mind, I found your blog through Kristin.)

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! That is exciting.

Steve and Michelle said...

Hi Rachel! It's Michelle Johnson, your fellow PA-to be. CONGRATS on getting in!! I just realized today that you had left me a comment. I'm sort of new to the blogging world and didn't have it set up so that my comments went to my email. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. My email is michelleh120@hotmail.com. Talk to you soon.