Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Much Needed Vacation

Not this weekend, but last, I went with my family (my mom, dad, sister, sister, sister's "friend", and two sons) to our cabin. Michael was out of town, so it was a nice distraction for me. I ordered a bunch of pictures and decided that I was going to take ALL my scrapbook stuff and bang out a whole bunch of pages. Well, I used about 40 of the 60 pictures I ordered and made about 10 or 12 pages. I was pretty proud of myself.
I love being at the cabin. There's no one else around. I'm there with my family. We go on walks, I scrapbook, we read, play lots of games, eat, and watch movies. We even floated down the river with canoes and did some shopping in West Yellowstone. What's not to love? I just wish my hubby had been there with me, that would have made it perfect. I wasn't necessarily ready to come home, but we had an eventful week/weekend ahead of us.
My cousin was married on Friday 8/3, so we had a lot of family in from out of town. I have a large family on both sides (both my parents are one of seven children) and love to see all of them. It was a busy, but fun weekend with all the different family gatherings. And Michael even surprised us all and came home 6 hours early, in time for the wedding! I was thrilled to have him there with me.
All in all, I had two fun weekends in a row, one very relaxing, one a little more crazy, but both were just what I needed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a lot of fun...no vacations for us this summer. :( Have you started grad school yet? Maybe someday I'll do that, but I think I'll just do the mom thing for a while. I don't know if I could handle more stuff.
Have a good one...Kamaile