Saturday, August 21, 2010

Weekend Fun

Here's some fun pictures from the last few weeks and weekend activities.



We went to the LDS Church garden in our area and volunteered to help out. It's funny I had forgotten this memory as a child, but when we got there I remembered doing this in Indiana too. But, today we got up about 630 fought to dress the kids pack them in the car and go. We had a good time (after the whining stopped) and weeding this entire row to help get it ready to be winterized. They harvested the cabbages that were in the just prior to us arriving and we picked up the left overs and then weeded. It took us 2 hours all together. Each of the kids helped. Rachel wants to say, "look how far I've come mom and dad, not one bathroom break. ;)"


Sadie was taking a bath and decided she was done. She got herself out, got a towel (hand towel) and wrapped in around herself. We were all laughing so hard I had to quickly grab the camera. What a cutie!



Keagan trying to become a REAL Spiderman by working of some rock climbing skills at the Gateway.



Braxton and Zander having fun.


They all took the train to downtown. My little sister decided to surprise them and join in on the fun. What a great sister.



My nephew Nathan and Melody got married.


I actually mowed the lawn (it hasn't been a regular occurance this year). I think it's great that each of my kids have a great desire to help mow the lawn. I just hope it lasts. Zander has decided he's old enough to mow the lawn on his own this year. I've tried to let him do it by himself a couple times. He thinks it's great...at least for a few minutes.

2 comments:

marinda said...

Hehe. Love the post! Thanks for the pictures. Sadie...what a stinkin' cutie!!!

Jessica said...

love the picture of sadie in a towel - what a funny girl you have there! and spiderman was doing a great job on that wall. =)