Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Puke here, Puke there, Puke Everywhere

Last night we cashed in on Kimball and Heidi's offer to babysit our kids so we could enjoy a nice night at the Jordan River Temple. Except I got to enjoy the session while Rachel had to excuse herself. I found out when the session was over, 2 hours later, while I was standing in the celestial room that she was not doing so well. She had thrown up 5 times in the last couple hours, plus had a number of bouts of diarrhea.


I went downstairs, picked her up from the first aid room and took her home. (Funny I didn't even know the temple had a first-aid room. Apparently, neither did a couple of other sisters that I asked for directions.) At home, she continued to thrown up well into the night. I could hear her from downstairs as I was working on a couple of contracts for the next day's business.

In the morning Zander refused to wake up because he went to bed so late. Keagan and Sadie both slept in too. It turned out Zander had picked up whatever Rachel had and he spent today moaning and wailing while hovering over the throne and laying on the couch, but never actually threw up.

I don't know what was in the air last night, but this wasn't something that had just hit my family. My 11:00 merger was postponed to Friday because she had come down with the same thing. My assistant Natalie came down with the same thing at the end of a long day doing bridal pictures. What a crazy thing going around.

I too haven't been feeling tip-top tonight, but I took a couple of Tylenol and that helped subside the headache and bodyaches. Rachel mentioned while I was doing that, that she had never in the 10+ years of marriage and courtship seen me throw-up. I hope this doesn't come to an end tonight.

2 comments:

Adam and Debbie said...

So sorry you guys are sick. Sounds like something that went around the WHOLE Hansen family during the holidays. If it is, the good news is it passes quickly. Good luck.

Kamaile said...

Yikes! Hopefully you all survived.

PS. I lost Rachel's phone # and email. Could you email me with your info? Thanks. :)