Friday, January 16, 2009

Welcoming...

SADIE ANNE GONZALES


Sadie was born Thursday night at 6:30 pm, by c-section (sad, but oh well).  We are doing good.    Labor just didn't progress fast enough.  After 10 hours, I was still only dilated to a 3, and the one doctor in her practice that wouldn't agree to a VBAC was on call that night, so it was a no go after 6.  I'm up and moving around during the day, evenings are a bit more difficult.  

Sadie was a little thing, 6 lbs. 4 oz. and 19.5".


Having a new baby is great because all your friends and family call and come by just to see how you're doing. Most of my family came by that night, and Michael's sister Christine, too.  Then Michael's parents unexpectedly called, and then stayed up late to video skype with us for about 15 minutes. That was fun.

Okay, so, I'll backtrack just a few minutes. When the last two were born Michael and my mom were both there.  Marinda was there when Zander was born.  This time the doctor had to play our advocate and talk the anesthesiologist into allowing Marielle to be in there. She is up from Phoenix to watch. She's taking a class to become a certified birthing instructor and part of the requirements is that she must watch  births. Here's a fun picture of the three of us going in to surgery.  



14 comments:

Jody said...

She is so cute! And tiny sounding! Tiny in a good way. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Glad everything went well.

Janell said...

Congratulations. She is so cute and tiny! :)

Ashton said...

Congrats! I found out, sadly enough, because Marinda's facebook profile said she'd just met her new neice. She looks so sweet. Have a good day!

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Hooray! Congrats! We are so happy for you and can't wait to meet baby Sadie!

Eaton Five said...

Congratulations!!!! Sadie is so very cute. We are excited to meet her. How glad that Marielle got to be there too!

Jessica said...

Yay! Welcome baby Sadie!

Dana and Michael said...

Congrats!! love the pics!! She is sure cute!!

Rach said...

Congrats! I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I absolutely adore the name Sadie!

Becker Family said...

Congratulations, Mike and Rach! What a cute little thing! And I love her name. Can't wait to come see you guys. Sorry you had to have a C-section. :( I know those aren't fun!

The Fergy Bunch said...

Congrats to your baby girl, she is adorable. I feel for ya with the 10 hrs of labore then the c-section; that's EXACTLY what happened with Phoebe.

ameliaharris99 said...

SHE IS SO CUTE!!! Congratulations Rachel and Mike! She is abosolutley beautiful! You look so good! Glad to see you are all doing well, and I sure am sorry about the C-section, they sure aren't fun. :) Love you guys!

Call Family said...

Congratulations you guys! She is beautiful. I can't wait to see her!

Brooke said...

Hi Rachel - I found your blog a little while ago and wanted to add my CONGRATULATIONS on a beautiful baby girl! Hope you continue to do well