Friday, June 13, 2008

We've gone green

I thought maybe I'd write about something other than school.  But first...I have to say, I took a final on Monday in History Taking and got 99%!  That's more like it!


Okay, now I'll explain the title.  I take the bus to school (on most days that I'm up early enough to catch the but at 7:00), Michael bought a bike a few weeks ago and rides his bike to work on most days, too.  With gas now hitting $4.00 a gallon, we knew something had to change.  Two times this week we even packed the kids in the stroller/bike trailer and rode up to Harmon's to get a Redbox movie.  The first ride I felt like I was going to throw up when we got there, but tonight I didn't feel that way until I got home.  I'm getting better!

Well, I'm going so Michael and I can watch a movie together.  Later!

4 comments:

Rach said...

Good for you! Way to get out and ride a bike. I've had that want to throw up feeling after riding. It's not fun. But, it got better!

Jenna Johnson said...

I only pray one day Matt will have a job that will allow him to ride a bike! It truly is amazing how much gas is! I commend you for walking to harmons...that is ways to go!

Ashton said...

that's awesome. way to go! it takes a bit to get used to riding bikes places - especially in the heat

Reynolds said...

I keep telling Steve he's going to have to start riding his bike to work... oh wait, he doesn't have one and he'd never make it up Provo canyon to Heber. oh well...
Good for you guys!