Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm bummed!

Well, Brazil is out.  The budget was cut, and in turn so was Michael.  We won't be going to the beaches of Rio de Janeiro after all.  =(

And I was going to be the hottest thing on the beach (you were right, Jessica).  I've lost 9 pounds so far, putting me at 115.  It's almost the least I've weighed since having kids.  After having Zander (and doing South Beach) I got down to 113, but then stayed pretty constant at 115 shortly after that.  So, I'm there again.  Go me!
Well, I did a rotation at the IMC hospital last Friday.  I was on the surgical transplant floor.  It was so interesting and so humbling!  It makes me realize how much I don't know.  This Friday, I'm going to do Head Start physicals for migrant workers children.  I'm pretty excited to do that.  Maybe I can practice my Spanish.
Well, I'm super busy at school right now doing preliminary papers to prepare us for our master's project we'll start next semester.  I hate doing research.  Can I just say that?  That's why I'm getting a degree as a clinician and not going into research.   And tomorrow I have to do a physical on a "patient" with a complaint of headaches.  I'll be videotaped and have to give a diagnosis and treatment plan at the end to a faculty member.  A little intimidating, yes.  
On that note, I need to go read up on all the things that can cause headaches!  Pray it's not a stroke!
Later. =)

2 comments:

Call Family said...

Rachel it looks like Micheal lost his job on your blog post...is that true???

Jessica said...

sorry you won't be chilling on the beaches in brazil. maybe you want to come to austria instead? =) we have nice parks.